Monday, January 26, 2009

A special day

Today is a special day for more than one reason. Firstly it is Australia Day! We Aussies are not the most patriotic bunch, but we do love a good bbq on a nice hot day followed by a fairly swift pretense at playing cricket, a quick swim and a long cool drink in the evening. Ah, Australia Day!

The 26th of January is also the day that the first class at Handmadeology begins! I'm quite excited about this. I've had my Etsy shop for a year now, and while I have enjoyed the experience unreservedly, I have come to realise the importance of marketing. This year I plan to follow other more successful online sellers advice and see if I can make it work for me. Timothy Adam is one such successful seller, and like most of the folk on Etsy, is a generous and friendly person. He has worked out what works for him, and is sharing the knowledge freely - and for free! I've had a sneek peek at the site and it looks like it will be really helpful.

hm125

I also plan, this year to describe my forays into marketing here on my blog. I am really not a marketer in any way, shape or form. So this will be a big challenge for me. I suspect there are lots like me out there. I think we can learn from each other as we bumble along. I hope others will join me in trying out the tips with me and providing their feedback too. If you do, I'd really appreciate a comment about your experiences and/or a link to your own posts on your blog.

And finally it is also a special day because it marks the end of my long summer holiday. Back to work tomorrow. I can't believe the time is over already. It has just absolutely flown. I've had a great time and am looking forward to getting back to work. This year on the job also will be full of new challenges, so I'm happy for that.

p.s. don't forget that the 26th in the US where Timothy Adam is doesn't happen until almost tomorrow Australian time, but it's all OK. Click on over now, and enter in you email address so you don't miss a thing no matter what day it is!

2 comments:

Chrisy said...

...look forward to seeing what you think of it all...

Anonymous said...

Happy Australia Day - I am a little late!

I wanted to stop and THANK YOU for following my blog but also let u know I have moved my blog to a new location.

If you will please follow me new blog I would appreciate your time. www.writingsofawahm.com

My old blog will be deleted later today.

Thanks,
Brandy