Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Cupboard Under the Stairs

Yet another Etsy post and this time it is a new shop! My daughter and I have little plans for 2009 - little because that is how big we dream our piles of 'stuff' were! In order to make these dreams come true we have opened a destash shop The Cupboard Under the Stairs.
I started off with listing some vintage journaling/scrapbook type packs. Each pack contains at least 15 assorted vintage book pages chosen for their illustrations, diagrams or text. They come from romance novels, science books, history books, biographies, humor and foreign language books. All are vintage, some pages up to 80 years old. The 'youngest' is from the 1970's.

The pages are collected from the books I have rebound into journals. This photo is of just a small part of what's left over. I reinsert some pages back into each book, but there is still a lot left over. I use them for other artworks, for the little envelope pockets I put in my books, for collage and journaling.

And to each pack I've added a vintage library due-date slip and an envelope so you can make your own library card pocket.

3 comments:

Chrisy said...

Ooooh this is really exciting...think your destash shop is going to go really well...and it's good that there are two of you to work on it....the photo taking and listing can be so time consuming....I'm headin over to check it out now :)

Jan Allsopp said...

Thanks Chrisy! Hope you enjoy them!

Janette P. said...

I'll definitely check your shop out...I'm always looking for interesting papers to make mirrors out of!