Saturday, January 10, 2009

In other news...

I've finally got all of my uni work done for my submission due now. Of course it doesn't mean it's over! I need to start on my next one immediately or I'll be catching up again before I know it.
I was able to make a little artists book as part of it. It is titled The Jetty Strip.
The Jetty strip is an area of Coffs Harbour near where I live. It is a street of old shops that have in the main been taken over as restaurants.
The exercise for my course was on negative space.
While I was working out what and how to make this book at one stage I made a tiny one as a maquette. It was SO delightful on such a small scale that I plan to make an edition of them.
Not that this one is big, by the way. It is 4 1/2" x 7" finished size.
...and in other news
I am going to be having a big celebration for my 1st Etsyversary and in readiness I might be playing around with my blog. If it looks weird when you visit please ignore.

3 comments:

Sherry Pierce Thurner said...

Wow! This is just wonderful. I love the fold-out black and white format, but especially the cut away top portion.

Unknown said...

Tre pretty Jan, I would definately buy one of these if you do a ltd edition of them...hint hint! I love the use of dark colour for the trees and then light behind (I know there's probably a special arty term for that!) You have captured the area brilliantly, got just the right feel, well done, I'm sure you will get great marks :)

Unknown said...

so beautiful!
I love that