Last year I saw a note on Community Sketchbook about how the group wanted to make the jump from virtual sketchbook to analogue sketchbook. I contacted Shawna and volunteered to make the book. At the time I knew I wouldn't have much time to devote to the project and Shawna assured me they were in no rush, however, I didn't realise I would keep them waiting quite so long!!!
For details of what's in this photo click here.
I've been excited to try my book press out on a rebound book, and in spite of my best intentions, this is the first time I've tried it on one of my multi-signature rebound books. I already know it works brilliantly on single signature books and other minibooks I've made lately, but this is the purpose I most want to use it for, so I'm waiting with baited breath for the time when I can unclamp it in a few days time.
You may remember from a previous post about my book press, that it has an embossing plate as it's upper plate. The solution is to add a thick sheet of plywood under the top plate. This has been notched on the ends so as to 'lock' in place on the sidebars of the press. Without these notches the plate and consequently the bookblock too, rotates with the screw as the handle is tightened - not a good thing at all!