Friday, October 31, 2008

Temperature's rising...

...it seems to have curdled my brain.


Firstly I suddenly had to go away for a week. It was a bit crazy. I was either flat out, exhausted or had lots of time to kill. It resulted in some journal doodling which I haven't had time to do lately.
Secondly, I made a new 'artwork' today...
This is the view from my lounge/dining into the kitchen...
No comments on the mess you may or may not see here - I didn't clean up for the shots!
Ta Da! And here are the after shots...
Thermometer creates a dialogue with the adjacent room which has shape and colour as it's dominating theme...
It also 'speaks' of the function of the room itself... (it gets hot)...
...as well as linking the Aboriginal art objects (I bought from a local artist) to their natural environment...

...yes, I did it as part of my uni course. I'm a shocking house painter, but I quite like it!

2 comments:

melanie said...

I really like that, Jan! It's so simple, and yet extremely effective!

Christine said...

I like this Jan! It looks great. I'm slowly adding more colour to my house too. My DH is a minimalist white wall kinda guy...but some how every time he is away for a golfing weekend another wall somewhere in the house gets painted! So far I have 3 blue walls & 1 red. He's off next weekend so I'm planning another patch of red above the kitchen cupboards!