Sunday, September 07, 2008

...and then it occurred to me! Why not combine cups AND pattern!?!

I'm pleased to say I've been painting again. I really haven't wanted to paint in quite a long time and I love paint so much that it kinda bothered me, when I allowed myself to acknowledge it, which wasn't often. I mean I was drawing, printing, making books. Did I really need to paint?
I've always needed to paint. I'm a much nicer person when I'm painting (I don't mean the actual instant I have the brush in my hand, but when I share my life with painting). Ask anyone I know.

And pattern was my first obsession when I began drawing and painting. I LOVE pattern.
And cups! Cups have been my muse for many many years. It started when drawing a mug was part of a course I was doing. "I can't draw a mug!", I thought. "I hate drinking out of mugs! I'll draw a cup." "Wow, I loved drawing that cup!"
And then it occurred to me! Why not combine cups AND pattern! I don't know why I didn't think of it before!

These little cuties are available for sale. If you are interested please feel free to click on over to my shop and have a look. Contact me with any questions. I love questions! Or leave me a comment telling me what you think. I love comments!

2 comments:

kelly said...

Love the cups! These paintings are great!

Linda said...

Oh my gosh -- these are really fantastic! What a wonderful idea ... and I love the colors on these, too!